Lowongan Executive Sous Chef di Marriot International
Job Number 20034187
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Westin Jakarta, Jalan HR Rasuna Said & Jalan Casablanca, Jakarta, Indonesia, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Westin Hotels & Resorts
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
- High school diploma or GED; 6 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 4 years experience in the culinary, food and beverage, or related professional area.
- Provides direction for all day-to-day operations.
- Understands employee positions well enough to perform duties in employees’ absence or determine appropriate replacement to fill gaps.
- Provides guidance and direction to subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead, influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by example.
- Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
- Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Reviews staffing levels to ensure that guest service, operational needs and financial objectives are met.
- Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
- Solicits employee feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy and reviews employee satisfaction results to identify and address employee problems or concerns.
- Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Develops and implements guidelines and control procedures for purchasing and receiving areas.
- Establishes goals including performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
- Communicates the importance of safety procedures, detailing procedure codes, ensuring employee understanding of safety codes, monitoring processes and procedures related to safety.
- Manages department controllable expenses including food cost, supplies, uniforms and equipment.
- Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
- Knows and implements the brand’s safety standards.
- Provides direction for menu development.
- Monitors the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Determines how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and flavor.
- Ensures compliance with food handling and sanitation standards.
- Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food products.
- Ensures employees maintain required food handling and sanitation certifications.
- Maintains purchasing, receiving and food storage standards.
- Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Provides and supports service behaviors that are above and beyond for customer satisfaction and retention.
- Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and individual coaching when needed.
- Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
- Displays leadership in guest hospitality, exemplifies excellent customer service and creates a positive atmosphere for guest relations.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service. Establishes guidelines so employees understand expectations and parameters. Ensures employees receive on-going training to understand guest expectations.
- Reviews comment cards, guest satisfaction results and other data to identify areas of improvement.
- Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching, mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Trains kitchen associates on the fundamentals of good cooking and excellent plate presentations.
- Administers the performance appraisal process for direct report managers.
- Interacts with the Banquet Chef and Catering department on training regarding food knowledge and menu composition.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and or managers.
- Manages employee progressive discipline procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to Standard and Local Operating Procedures (SOPs and LSOPs) and supports the Peer Review Process.
- Provides information to executive teams, managers and supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.