Lowongan Events Manager di Renaissance Hotels Marriot International Kuta Bali
Job Number 20033800
Job Category Event Management
Location Renaissance Bali Nusa Dua Resort, One Marriott Drive, Nusa Dua Bali, Indonesia, Indonesia VIEW ON MAP
Brand Renaissance Hotels
Position Type ManagementStart Your Journey With Us
- High school diploma or GED; experienced (1 – 2 years of experience) in the event management or related professional area.
- 2-year degree from an accredited university in Hotel and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; at least 1 year experience in the event management or related professional area required.
- Ensures that events progress seamlessly by following established procedures, collaborating with other employees, and ensuring accuracy.
- Greets customer during the event phase and hands-off to the Event Operations team for the execution of details.
- Adheres to all standards, policies, and procedures.
- Ensures billing accuracy and conducts bill reviews with the clients prior to processing the final bill.
- Manages group room blocks and meeting space for average to large-sized assigned groups.
- Identifies operational challenges associated with his/her group and determines how to best work with the property staff and customer to solve these challenges\ and/or develop alternative solutions.
- Uses his/her judgment to integrate current trends in event management and event design.
- Acts as liaison between field sales person and customer throughout the event process (pre-event, event, post-event).
- Participates in customer site inspections and assists with the sales process as necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Solicits feedback from the property departments to identify areas for improvement to enhance the Event Planner’s experience.
- Delivers excellent customer service throughout the customer experience and encourages the same from other employees.
- Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
- Sets a positive example for guest relations.
- Coordinates and communicates event details both verbally and in writing to the customer and property operations.
- Makes presence known to customer at all times during this process.
- Oversees his/her customer experiences from file turnover through the post event phase until turnover back to sales.
- Follows up with customer post-event.
- Responds to and handles guest problems and complaints.
- Uses personal judgment and expertise to enhance the customer experience.
- Stays available to solve problems and/or suggest alternatives to previous arrangements.
- Works to continually improve customer service by integrating obtained feedback and personal judgment into action plans.
- Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings and focuses on continuous improvement.
- Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Ensures hourly employees understand expectations and parameters for event activities.
- Conducts formal pre- and post-event meetings as required to review/communicate group needs and feedback.
- Leads formal pre-event and post-event meetings for average to large-sized assigned groups.
- Facilitates various meetings as he/she perceives necessary (Banquet Event Order meeting, block review, etc).
- Assists in the sales process and revenue forecasting for customer groups.
- Up-sells products and services throughout the event process.
- Forecasts group sleeping rooms and event revenue (catering and audio visual) for his/her groups.
- Reviews comment cards and guest satisfaction results with employees.
- Observes service behaviors of employees and provides feedback to individuals and/or managers.
- Assists in the development and implementation of corrective action plans.
- Take initiative to use his/her experience to improve service performance according to his/her evaluation of the issue and resolution.
- Works with the property staff and customers to address operational challenges associated with his/her group.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Adaptability – Maintains performance level under pressure or when experiencing changes or challenges in the workplace.
- Communication – Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making – Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develop and evaluate alternatives and solutions, solve problems, and choose a course of action.
- Professional Demeanor – Exhibits behavioral styles that convey confidence and command respect from others; makes a good first impression and represents the company in alignment with its values.
- Building and Contributing to Teams – Actively participates as a member of a team to move the team toward the completion of goals.
- Driving for Results – Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
- Planning and Organizing – Gathers information and resources required to set a plan of action for self and/or others; prioritizes and arranges work requirements to accomplish goals and ensure work is completed.
- Coworker Relationships – Interacts with others in a way that builds openness, trust, and confidence in the pursuit of organizational goals and lasting relationships.
- Customer Relationships – Develops and sustains relationships based on an understanding of customer needs and actions consistent with the company’s service standards.
- Global Mindset – Supports employees and business partners with diverse styles, abilities, motivations, and/or cultural perspectives; utilizes differences to drive innovation, engagement and enhance business results; and ensures employees are given the opportunity to contribute to their full potential.
- Organizational Capability – Evaluates and adapts the structure of own assignments and suggests improvements to work processes to best fit the needs and/or support the goals of an organizational unit.
- Talent Management – Provides support and feedback to help individuals develop and strengthen skills and abilities needed to accomplish work objectives.
- Applied Learning – Seeks and makes the most of learning opportunities to improve performance of self and/or others.
- Business Acumen – Understands and utilizes business information to manage everyday operations.
- Technical Acumen – Understands and utilizes professional skills and knowledge in a specific functional area to conduct.
- Basic Competencies – Fundamental competencies required for accomplishing basic work activities.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.